Jamaican Family Search Genealogy Research Library
The foundation stone for the St. James Parish Church in Montego Bay, Jamaica, was laid on May 6, 1775. The building was opened for worship in 1782.
The eastern stained glass window was installed in 1911 in the Montego Bay, Jamaica, Parish Church.
To the left of the altar is a monument to Mrs. Rosa Palmer, known as "the good Mrs. Palmer" to distinguish her from a later Mrs. Palmer who is better known as "The White Witch of Rose Hall." The monument was carved by John Bacon in 1794.
SEARCH THIS SITE
Plan of this website
Help - Frequently Asked Questions
Jamaica Almanacs Slave-owners, Civil & Military officers, Magistrates etc.
Items in the Samples Directory
Items in the Members Directory
Transcriptions from Registers and Wills (Church of England, Dissenters, Civil Registration)
Jamaican Roman Catholic Church Registers - transcriptions
Jamaican Methodist Baptisms - transcriptions
Jewish births marriages deaths - transcriptions
Slaves and slavery in Jamaica
Photographs, maps, prints, etc.